Jaigarh Fort

Built in 1726 and fortified by thick red sandstone walls. It is also known as Victory fort.

 

This was a Military fortress and the home to an extremely large foundry that forged cannon. On this site the largest wheeled cannon was forged. (Largest at the time)And it is still there for the public to see. The cannon was test fired once and it hurled a projectile a distance of 35 km.

The fort is open to the public and there are tours available. It has a well-tended garden and a small museum which includes weaponry and armor.

 

Photograph credits to Pradeep Choudhary. Thanks!

 

 

 

 

Rajasthan-Jaipur-Jaigarh-Fort-compound-Apr-2004-00

 

Custom Search

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Copyright©2007-2017 Kalif Publishing - All Rights Reserved | sitemap | xml sitemap