Medieval Castle Articles
Articles about Specific Medieval Castles
- About Binchester Roman Fort in the U.K - This is an archaeological ruins of a Roman Fort that was in use around the First through Fifth Centuries.
- Synonyms for Castle - There are a lot of different words for castles and their variations
- The words around Barnard Castle - While researching Barnard Castle in the UK I discovered a wonderful little thing about words, names and places. The link takes you to my blog.
- Kilkenny Castle - A wonderful castle in Ireland and it is now more of a 17th century manor house but still maintains some of its fortress-like roots.
- Blarney Castle - Who hasn't heard of this castle? Pictures, information and more. I visited it but didn't actually kiss the blarney stone.
- Malahide Castle - Fantastic castle on beautiful park grounds. I like the look of this castle. Little bit of a victorian feel to it.
- Trim Castle - This is a Norman fortress with a spectacular keep right in the middle.
- The Rock of Cashel - 1700 year old ruins that are still in great shape. Perched right on the top of a hilly upcroppping of limestone.
- The Siege of Stirling Castle - This was called "The Great Siege" for good reason. It lasted four months and the attacking force used quite a few siege engines
- The Ghosts of Chillingham Castle - There are some very creepy stories about this castle
- Tintagel Castle - This is the Castle where it is rumored that King Arthur was born - if he existed!
- Lucknow Castle - Well, its very small as far as castles go and it is only a hundred years old. This castle is nestled in the mountains of New Hampshire and is interesting nonetheless
- The Citadel - An ancient (and magnificent) medieval fortress in Cairo Egypt
- Kimball Castle - Photos of this old and abandoned castle in New Hampshire. I have photos of the inside and outside.
- Hammond Castle - A medieval castle in New England
- Harlech Castle - A prime example of the pinnacle of Castle Building. It was sieged many times. I have pictures, information and a floor plan.
- Chepstow Castle - An interesting Castle built in a narrow shape. I have a floorplan for this.
- Himeji Castle in Japan
- Shuri Castle on Okinawa in Japan
- A walk around Aydon Castle - This is a small castle located a mile away from Corbridge in Northunberland, UK. It is a well preserved 13th Century Manor House.
- What is the difference between a Fort and a Castle?
Articles about Medieval Castles in General
The History of Castles: Fortifications Around the World
The perfect tour guide to the world's most fascinating castles and strongholds.